Rethinking Being Social Commenting Policy
Our course blog is a blog where students can upload their assignments instead of handing in hard copies of killed trees for grading. It is truly not a forum for debate, but a forum where students can share what they are learning with faculty, staff, peers and employers. We call this blog Intimate Mind Sharing because when you are sharing what is on your mind “intimately” there is very rarely any mudslinging or name-calling. It is a course blog, the students are learning. They are not overly sensitive. Heck, some are not sensitive at all. Nevertheless, the course and its students will not be the subject of attacks.
We encourage other social media professionals to share their insights with the students. We would even love it if you gave us 15 minutes of your time (complimentary of course) via Google Hangouts
We reserve the right to:
- We reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding submitted comments, including, but not limited to removal of comments.
- The comments are moderated, so you may have to be a tiny bit patient in waiting to see them. We will review all comments promptly within a ½ hour of submission.
- Delete offensive comments and attacks.
- Block offensive commenters
- Delete spam and suspected spam with prejudice (using Akismet).
- To keep bigotry, hate, sexism, profanity, bullying etc., off this blog.