Social Media, i.e., social networking sites, mobile marketing, geo location marketing, gamming etc., are just a few of the latest technologies, accompanied by digital tools that attract and engage millions of unique users who are developing online communities and spending hours online. Because of the constant changes and developments in how we communicate on line using social media, not-for-profit and for-profit organizations are challenged with how to effectively tap into these online communities and donors of their products and services to engage users and create an awareness of their brand, products, services, charities and membership. The even bigger challenge to businesses and organizations once awareness is created is how to effectively retain it, enhance it and convert it into tangible and measurable results such as increased profits, donations and funding.
Attendees will leave the course understanding that integrating social networks, digital tools and other media (social media) into their marketing strategy is the first step toward creating a successful marketing or charitable campaign. Attendees will learn that there isn’t any magic “social media bullet” but a well thought out, strategic campaign that involves tactics, objectives/goals and measurable tangible and non-tangible outcomes.
- Discuss how web platforms make media sharable and how this impacts internal and external communications in organizations of every kind even if they are not proactively engaged in social media.
- Develop cohesive strategies that integrate social media into all sound business practices, including marketing, membership, policy development, public relations and internal communication.
- Develop future leaders who are prepared to manage SoMe and the accompanying new fundamental cultural and communication processes such as understanding the role of the community manager and how SoMe affects both soft and hard ROI outcomes.
- Compare and contrast traditional and non-traditional strategic and communications practices, present strategic methodologies for social media, and guide students in effectively implementing social media channels and venues for achieving business or marketing objectives.
- Understand the reasons why social media is impacting internal and external brand communications and how it affects all aspects of the buying process and departments within the organization.
- Understand how online communities are the new managers of the brand and how their collective opinions and voices need to be effectively managed by Community Managers and others within the organization.
- Develop an integrated strategic social media strategy that reflects the mission of the organization, cause, commitment to its online community, it’s board members and to members you use their services and products.
- Demonstrate how to use Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs to manage online community expectations of the brand and internal communications regarding the delivery of the brand’s promise of value.
- Learn how to use various online tools to listen, engage and monitor the brand’s image and online community’s expectations of the brand’s product and service.
- Learn how to effectively measure and convert Soft and Hard ROI expectations and evaluate revenue outcomes. When and how to apply these results to planning the next steps within the strategic plan.
- Prepare and effectively integrate social media into the online community. Enhance engagement and using a sound online customer service strategy.