Social media is a very powerful tool. It provides a very fast and easy way to network with others, spread news, and information on a variety of topics that is happening in the world. 5Gbenefits highly encourages you to share your passion and tell the world about your work. We wish to provide our company, as well as others, integrity, professionalism, and privacy before partaking in any social media activity. In order to avoid any problems or misunderstandings, please follow the social media policy guidelines provided by 5Gbenefits:
- Be transparent and state that you work at 5Gbenefits. Your honesty will be noted in the Social Media environment. If you are writing about 5Gbenefits or a competitor be sure to use your real name and identify that you work at 5Gbenefits.
- Respect your audience. Post meaningful and respectful comments only. Do not post spam or remarks that are offensive to others. Do not use ethnic slurs, personal insults, obscenity, or engage in any conduct that would not be acceptable in 5Gbenefits workplace.
- Be sure to show proper consideration for others privacy and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory.
- Use common courtesy. Do not publish any 5Gbenefits private conversation or internal conversations that have taken place at 5Gbenefits. Do not violate benefits’ privacy, confidentiality, and legal guidelines for external commercial speech.
- Please never comment on anything related to legal matters, litigation, or any parties 5Gbenefits may be in litigation with.
- Stick to your area of expertise. Do feel free to provide unique, individual perspectives on non-confidential activities at 5Gbenefits as we do value your level of expertise.
- Disagreements happen. When disagreeing with others’ opinions, keep it polite. Do not get offensive. If you find yourself in a situation online that looks as if it is becoming unfriendly, pull the person to the side: feel free to ask your adviser or manager for advice and/or to disengage from the dialogue in a polite manner that reflects well on 5Gbenefits.
- If you have signed a confidentiality agreement you are expected to follow it. Please ask your manager before you publish or forward. Please act responsibly with the information you are entrusted with.
- Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy, and 5Gbenefits’ confidential information. Please refer back to number four before publishing any content.
- Remember that anything you post on social media about 5Gbenefits can potentially harm the company. This goes for all internal media as well. As soon as you act on the company’s behalf by distributing information, you are upholding the company’s image. Please act responsibly. If you are unsure about something, please ask your manager before sending.
- Be aware that others will associate you with your employer when you identify yourself and your role. Please ensure that your social media accounts with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other related content is consistent with how you wish to present yourself to your 5Gbenefit colleagues and 5Gbenefits clients.
Images courtesy of: