Location: Manchester, IA
Organization: R’Acres Organic Produce
Slogan: From Our DIRT to Your DINING
R’Acres (pronounced Reckers) Organic Produce, officially established in February 2016 with USDA organic certification passed in July 2016. This means ever thing is grown from organic seed, in organic soil, and practices crop rotation, crop diversity, cover crops, and composting- all done with a lot of love and hard work. The organic vegetable farm is currently ran on 3 acres located near Manchester, IA where over 30 types of vegetables are grown with several varieties within those types. The farm is family managed and operated by Jason and Cara Recker. Currently produced is sold at local farmers markets, Pin Oak restaurant, Regional Medical Center’s kitchen, and Fareway. 2017 is the first year a limited number of CSA shares were offered to 7 community members.
- What is a CSA– CSA Stands for Community Supported Agriculture
- CSA is a partnership between a farm and a community of supporters that provides a direct link between the production and consumption of food. CSA members make a commitment to support the farm throughout the growing season and assume the cost, risk, and bounty of growing the food along with the farmer. In return, the farm provides a healthy supply of seasonal fresh produce throughout the growing season.
R’Acres Organic Produce is looking for a Community Manager who will represent and expose the farm through social media, printed materials, and word-of-mouth. The Community Manager is responsible for coordinating the social media output in creative ways via Facebook and website, working with the local restaurants and grocery stores to do online and printed marketing, and engaging the community as well as being a voice for the community to assist in improving customer satisfaction and purchasing. The Community Manager will be responsible for promoting and releasing information about upcoming farm events and weekly information about seasonal produce availability.
- Manage Facebook and website accounts daily.
- Create and distribute printed materials for direct distribution at farmer’s markets, restaurants, and grocery stores.
- Update community about current and upcoming farm events and seasonal produce availability.
- Promote R’Acres upcoming events and available produce to engage the community and increase sales/business.
- Create, integrate, and present social media strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Increase public awareness by managing outreach and customer service.
- Oversee and respond appropriately and timely to community comments, ideas, and concerns.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion and support for local foods, sustainable agriculture, and community
- Graphic design and photography skills
- Associate’s degree or two years of experience with a Business, Marketing or Communication related field
- Proficient in creative writing and language skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience and knowledge of social media platforms (primarily Facebook) and website developement
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal relationship and customer service skills
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com