Online Community Manager Intern
Healthy People of Wood County. Wood County Health Department. Full-time
Do you enjoy social media, community building and marketing? Are you passionate about motivating communities and individuals to optimize their health and well-being? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
LOCATION: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Wood County.
ORGANIZATION: Healthy People of Wood County. Wood County Health Department
Located in rural Central Wisconsin, Wood County has a population of 74,424. There are 4 cities, 8 villages, and 22 towns in Wood County. The Wood County Health Department strives to meet the public health needs of our communities through effective and efficient disease prevention and health promotion programs. Our approach to protecting and promoting health brings residents, partners and resources together to address issues facing our communities. We work to prevent the spread communicable diseases, optimize health and well-being as well as enforce Wood County and Wisconsin public health laws, rules and regulations. We are a major source of information about the priority health needs in each community, which helps our agency, partners and the public, plan for and address emerging health threats, and promote healthy living through awareness, education, programs and community development.
Healthy People Wood County is a partnership of people committed to making our community a healthier place to live, work, and play. There are three coalitions dedicated to addressing policy, system and environmental changes throughout Wood County communities which include: Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Coalition, Healthy Growth and Development Coalition, and Mental Health and Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Coalition. Each coalition is comprised of numerous community partners that have a passion for promoting healthy lifestyles and ultimately enhancing the quality of life of the Wood County residents.
Each coalition has a specific mission and goals, but the overall mission of the Wood County Health Department is to optimize health and maximize the quality of life across the lifespan for all people and communities of Wood County through our leadership and collaborations, focusing on health promotion and prevention and social conditions necessary to advance physical, mental and social well-being.
Wood County Health Department is a nationally accredited organization, consisting of an interdisciplinary team of dedicated public health professionals functioning at their highest potential. Wood County Health Department is a model health department that is a credible resource leading the way to a healthy community.
The Healthy People of Wood County is expanding and looking to add a new position as an Online Community Manager. The Online Community Manager is responsible for managing all social media output and print communication avenues which will help raise awareness and increase engagement within the community. The OCM will work closely with multiple coalitions in the organization as well as many community partners to ensure that the online community integrates with ongoing work in other areas. The ideal candidate is passionate about the health and well-being of the community.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Work closely with Healthy People of Wood County Coalition members, stakeholders, leaders and community members.
- Recommends and implements new community opportunities and events.
- Manage the day-to-day outreach on Facebook and Instagram.
- Work across the organization to find opportunities to educate and foster relationships with community and brand advocates.
- Mediates and disputes all conflict that arises within the online community in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Participates in community groups and activities.
- Attend Healthy People of Wood County Steering Committee meetings.
- Promote Healthy People of Wood County initiatives to drive the wellness community and engage members in social, educational and planned activities.
- Assists in the development, delivery and outcome measurements for programming within the Wood County Health Department. Organize incoming feedback and communicate it with the team.
- Collect, analyze and share community-related data with relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, community relations, marketing or management.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office, Google Docs, Adobe or other design software and mobile software.
- Experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- A minimum of (2) years of experience in a social media management position (planning, program development and administration).
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to deal with difficult people and challenging situations while maintaining a positive and calm demeanor.
- Go-getter with a strong understanding of community management best practices.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate our five core values which include professionalism, accountability, proactive, credible and ethical.
If interested, please email your resume with cover letter including why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org