Do you strive to help pave the way for our youth? Is SOCIAL MEDIA a passion? Are you entertained and interested in sports and athletics? Then help us recruit more athletes to UWSP!
Organization: University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point Athletics
Position Summary: This community manager will serve to expose the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field teams at UW-Stevens Point through social media. They will manage all social media accounts with high integrity and complying with NCAA and WIAC rules. They will adhere to UWSP philosophies and visions while posting social media. They will create long term social media plans and strategies for the UWSP track and field teams.
About UWSP Athletics:
20 sports, 500 student-athletes, 1 point
UW-Stevens Point is an accredited Division III institution offering a variety of majors on campus. The campus has strong science and an natural resource majors to offer to students. The athletic teams of UW-Stevens Point are part of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) and competes within the toughest conference, athletically, throughout Division III. UW-Stevens Point has numerous National titles as well and many other top ten national finishes within the 20 sports offered.
About UWSP Track and Field:
172 All-American Men honors, 127 Women All-American honors
UW-Stevens Point track and field is a combined men’s and women’s program. The teams travel to all competitions together and work together at practices as well as work with the same coaching staff. The coaching staff consists of six different coaches working to divide and conquer the complexity and variety of events that track and field has to offer. Track and field strives to recruit successful high school athletes in and out of the classroom. Student-athletes are held to high academic standards in order to continue competing as athletes. UW-Stevens Point track teams desire to work hard towards implementing social media strategies in promoting the team and recruiting future student athletes.
- Market the teams through academic and athletic success and community activities
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts with high activity
- Promote the track and field schedule and calendar of team activities
- Help develop and implement social media strategies
- Evening and weekend time required
- Some travel may be necessary
- Meet with coaching staff on a bi-monthly basis
- Part-time, no benefits
- Associate’s degree or two years of experience with marketing related field
- Computer skills including Photoshop, MS Office, Google, Outlook, Adobe
- Knowledge of NCAA and WIAC rules and philosophies
- Experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Ability to connect with potential athletes through social media and forward information to coaches
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business related field
- Experience in professional marketing through social media
- 3-5 years experience in a business/marketing related field
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Taylor Cipicchio, email@example.com.