Treehaven, Wisconsin’s center for integrating natural resources, education, management, research, and recreation, is seeking an Online Community Manager.
Summary of Position
The Online Community Manager at Treehaven will serve as the voice of Treehaven by managing the development, publishing, and curating of Treehaven’s digital content.
Treehaven User Retention – 30%
- Strategize a plan for upholding Treehaven user retention via digital content.
- Read what current Treehaven users and its digital content followers are posting, uploading, and viewing via social media.
- Mediate any disputes on online Treehaven forums that may arise in a timely and professional manner.
Treehaven User Attraction – 30%
- Formulate a strategy to increase the public awareness of Treehaven via online platforms.
- Keep current Treehaven users and social media followers both informed and interested by identifying, developing, and publishing useful and relevant content.
Increased Brand Reputation –30%
- Increase Treehaven’s brand reputation through its current online presence and strategize ways to increase its reputation by expanding its online reach.
- Help build Treehaven’s brand in the digital space by listening and appropriately engaging with digital audience members.
- Serve as the face of the Treehaven in social media channels.
- Be the first line of defense for Treehaven through its presence on the Web.
Team Leader – 10%
- Serve as a Treehaven ambassador within the Treehaven community by sharing Treehaven users’ needs and concerns with members of Treehaven’s leadership team.
- Lead a team of Treehaven staff together on projects by fostering connections, communication and collaboration among team members.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- Demosntrated understanding of blogging and social media.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills.
- Proficiency in Facebook and Google Analytics.
- Flexible, adaptable, learns new things quickly, multitasker, and team player.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
Treehaven serves over 25,000 people each year with courses, seminars, workshops, school and youth programs, and business gatherings. A public, non-profit facility operated by the UWSP College of Natural Resources – the nation’s largest undergraduate natural resources program – Treehaven relies on usage fees and donations for much of its operating budget, with limited support from state tax dollars. Treehaven’s mission is guided by the Treehaven Board of Advisors with support from the volunteers who raise funds to support programs, land management and buildings of the center. Read more at http://www.uwsp.edu/treehaven.