Have a passion for social media, for wellness, for helping out the community? Looking to work part-time or full-time? Then read more below on position details and where to apply.
1000 Division Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Stevens Point Area YMCA
The Stevens Point Area YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association) has been learning and growing with area families for many years. We understand the trials that today’s families face, we are aware of their hurdles and obstacles, and we embrace their dreams. We believe that families — regardless of culture, ethnicity, or even socio-economic background — have at least one common hope. Parents want an improved life for their kids, a life with fewer struggles and greater rewards. Our goal at the YMCA is to help parents and families realize that dream by nurturing the full potential of children and teen, by improving the health and well-being of those we touch and by motivating people to support their neighbors and the larger community. The Y is about changing lives for the better.
“We advance our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all and seek to engage our community to live an active, healthy lifestyle that nourishes the spirit of giving back by serving individuals and families of all ages in the geographical Greater Portage County Area.”
To be the identified leader in providing programs and services that enrich the quality of life for the communities we serve.
- Advocate and promote upcoming SPYMCA campaigns, programs, and volunteer events such as the Iron Athlete Challenge and Annual Frostbite Run/Walk
- Working and managing with social media and web team; attend mandatory biweekly meetings for programs and methods of promotion
- Create regular content-publishing schedule
- Update and post content on our website, Facebook page and blog
- Communicate ideas effectively in written and digital format
- Work part-time or full-time with rotating shifts on the weekends
- Monitor, listen, and respond to social media user comments and ideas in a positive manner
- Be open to improvement and ideas!
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Health Promotion, or other related field
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Superb organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Powerpoint, Publisher) and Adobe Software Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Be able to work in a team environment from a casual to fast setting
- Possess ability to identify and resolve any possible conflicts or issues
Please apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to Rodel Magtanong at: firstname.lastname@example.org