LOCATION: Stevens Point, WI
ORGANIZATION: Father Fats Public House Bar and Restaurant
ABOUT FATHER FATS PUBLIC HOUSE:
Father Fats is one of three privately owned restaurants in Stevens Point. Christian and Lea Czerwonka first opened Christian’s Bistro ten years ago, dedicating the restaurant to traditional, homemade foods prepared with the freshest ingredients. After five years of successful business, the married pair decided to expand, and created the unique Father Fats in downtown Stevens Point. “Unbounded by the limitations of regional flavor, yet uniquely devoted to ingredients straight from the fertile lands of Wisconsin, each small plate offers the palate a diverse selection of cuisine. Boasting a range of portion sizes, explore as many dishes as you like. Get a bit of this, a LOT of that, whatever you want… Mix and match, taste and graze, ooh and ahh and pass the plate!”
Father Fats is a “tapas style” restaurant meaning the portion sizes are similar to that of an appetizer. The menu holds staple items that are always available, such as the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, but new dishes are created each day depending on seasonality and creativity. The extensive cocktail list will satisfy each and every palate and provides the perfect compliment to each dish.
A Mexican restaurant, El Jefe Tacos Y Tequila, was opened in 2015 and a Food Truck, Chef C’s Munchie Mobile, took the road in 2016. The three restaurants and Food Truck are home to many loyal customers, and we continue to develop relationships with new customers each day. One restaurant cannot exist without the other as the employees and owners work closely with each other, and work to grow with the community.
Father Fats Public House is looking for a Community Manager who will represent and expose the restaurant through social media. The Community Manager is responsible for coordinating the social media output in creative ways, and engaging the community as well as being the voice of the community, in efforts to increase customer satisfaction and visitation. As the Community Manager, it is your responsibility to promote and release information about upcoming private/public events, as well basic daily information about our changing menu, and featured items of the day.
- Manage Facebook and Instagram accounts daily.
- Update community about menu changes, featured cocktails, and special food items.
- Promote Father Fats upcoming events to engage the community and bring in business.
- Create and present social media strategy and integrate marketing campaigns.
- Manage outreach and customer service efforts to increase public awareness.
- Oversee, listen, and respond appropriately and timely to community comments and ideas.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate’s degree or two years of experience with a Business, Marketing or Communication related field
- Proficient in creative writing and language skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience and knowledge of social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook and Instagram
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal relationship and customer service skills
- Support and passion for local foods/ingredients, and community
- Ability to photograph appealing images of food/cocktails and photography skills/techniques in general
- Past experience in a restaurant setting
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter including why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.