Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Magnet facility licensed for 325 beds that is staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. It is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
The hospital is continually recognized nationally for the level of care it provides. Aspirus Wausau Hospital has earned high quality ratings or awards from prominent quality agencies such as HealthGrades, Thomson Reuters, Truven Health, Becker’s Hospital Review, Mission: Lifeline® and U.S. News & World Report.
The Community Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the social media output, engaging communities and for working in innovative ways to advance Aspirus’ efforts at population health management.
This position is actively involved in the community as Aspirus’ community health liaison and will establish a presence of Aspirus within the community through compelling messaging and marketing.
While this position is accountable for Aspirus Wausau Hospital Community Benefits execution and reporting requirements, it also will serve as an advisory resource for all Aspirus hospitals in their respective Community Benefits efforts. This position will create an Aspirus Community Health Council, which will regularly discuss activities and changes, and identify opportunities for intra-system collaboration.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient experience. Participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the Environment of Care, and patient and staff safety. Participates in projects and programs designed to create a safe environment to avoid error.
Job Specific Duties
- Provide communication between Aspirus Wausau Hospital and community partners to promote, engage, and target populations for community health programs.
- Engage internal and external population with up to date social medial tools and strategies.
- Participates in community groups (such as service organizations, government agencies, schools and members of the faith community) as Aspirus’ community health liaison to assist in proactively identifying:
- Community health needs and opportunities to collaborate with other community entities to create programs that address the needs and improve the health of populations.
- Assists in the design of programs and collaborates with community stakeholders to implement and measure their impact on key health needs identified by the Community Health Needs Assessment.
Department Specific Accountabilities
- Maintains department specific accountabilities as determined, maintained, and housed within each unit’s Scope of Service.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of how hospitals and public health partners can effectively improve community health by working together to meet community benefit and community health improvement Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising and/or related field, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years in planning, program development and administration of social media platforms.
- Communication skills will be very important – motivational, not afraid to be speak up and be a voice for the cause.
- Possesses excellent language skills, oral and written.
- Ability to use organizational tools and prioritize work.
- Passionate about people and the health of the community.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the small.
- Collaborative, must partner well with others both internally and externally.
- Strong sense of accountability and excellent work ethic, goal oriented.
- Willingness to be a change agent and positive role model.
- A commitment to serving vulnerable populations.
- Possesses personal initiative and sound Must be a strategic thinker, well-versed in research techniques.
- Is highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possesses above-average knowledge of technical infrastructure including computer software and equipment.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
Driver’s License Required
- Possesses a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required.
Hours: 80 hours every 2 weeks, may require some nights and weekends