Social media continues to grow in importance every single day, and today social media is accessible more than ever! You can access it from home, school, and even within the office/work area. At High Energy Mobile DJs, people use our website, weddingwire.com’s advertisements, and our Facebook page to find out about our business. With the rapid growth of social media, and the possible expansion to a company twitter account, our DJs will/should be spending a little more time interacting with previous and future customers on social media.
High Energy only has one full-time staff member (my dad), answering calls and getting the major information for the wedding before passing it on to one of 9 other (including myself) DJs to call the bride and groom and set up the rest of the wedding. Currently only 3 of us have access to the company Facebook page, but we have talked about opening that up to the rest of the employees. With that comes some risk of inappropriate posts and misuse of power, but hopefully with our new content calendar in tact, it will help assist the DJs in knowing what to post and what not to post. That being said, if we do open up the access to the rest of the DJs, a social media policy will be enforced.
Social Media Policy:
- Employees are allowed to associate themselves with the company when posting but they must clearly brand their online posts as personal and purely their own. The company should not be held liable for any repercussions the employees’ content may generate.
- Proper copyright and reference laws should be observed by employees when posting online.
- Employees are not allowed to disclose information that are financial, operational and legal in nature, as well as any information that pertains to clients and customers.
- Dishonorable content such as racial, ethnic, sexual, religious, and physical disability slurs are not tolerated.
- No videos or photos from weddings shall be posted unless clients featured in the video or photo are asked for permission.
- The company reserves the right to edit or amend any misleading or inaccurate content depicted in blog posts. The company also reserves the right to delete blog posts violating the code of conduct.
- Encourage participation for our song contests and surveys, but don’t force people to participate.
- Overall, Have fun with it but BE SMART and THINK